October 23, 2006

Journey Ministries

Paid in Full?

I couldn't put my finger on it last night, but the "paid in full" exercise we did last night, I hope, is not something we plan on doing when we invite the unsaved to our sessions. Unless one has made a commitment to Christ, they will be judged by their sin. Their sins are not "paid in full" unless they accept Him ("there is one sin that is never forgiven, and that is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit" {blaspheme the Holy Spirit is to reject salvation and not let the Holy Spririt fill your person}). And as we agreed early in the session, we are not about coercing others. I certainly hope we don't plan on doing the "paid in full" with the Christian group members only as a pressure tactic for our unsaved friends. I would find this inappropriate - but I don't know if this is the plan. Would you advise or provide clarification?

No comments: